With these I was mostly just playing in the shadows. This is a character that’s been kicking around my head for a number of years. What’s his story? That will have to wait.
1. Eloise front and side view before being abducted.
2. Post abduction Eloise, the costume evolved quite a bit from this point. In the final design I definitely took some cues from Prometheus, but I’ve always like the work of H.R. Giger.
3. First sketches of the Nebo Ljudi. I was going for a sort-of insect look. I also wanted to have the spine attached at the front of the head. The final design also featured a clear dome at the top of the head, with some sort of pheromone producing organ below,
4. This view really helps to show the fluid nature of the limbs, the idea is that they are boneless muscular tentacle type limbs. Although the spine is all wrong, it looks too much like a trunk.
Questions and comments are always welcome. And I’m always looking for next thing to draw so any suggestions are also encouraged!
Some of my initial sketches of Fi’ing
1. Profile view of the night vision eye exposed without cover. The crosshatched section is where the eye cover attaches.
2. Profile view of eye cover and tusk. The idea is that the eye cover would open and the primary eye would close simultaneously.
3. Extra finger that folds into the wrist. The concept was to have a venomous claw what could be used in close combat. The idea was abandoned.
4. Front view rough sketch of bone and muscle structure. Most notable is the wide set hips and long lanky arms. This view also shows a side view of the abandoned venomous claw.